Pages

Studio Review Chart

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

         If you’ve read my introduction you may remember that my IP (independent project) has been a great stimulus for the creation of my blog. The following table is dedicated specifically to my project, as it breaks down five different ballet studios I’ve attended on Oahu. My hope is that someone perhaps looking to find that perfect fit of a studio will stumble across my blog and find the information I’ve provided useful. The reasons for creating a table rather than a series of short summaries are to limit the amount of bias and personal opinion from my experience, and to make the information simple to read and reference.

       I do feel it important to mention that each of these studios I have attended are wonderful in their own ways. It’s all about finding the right studio that fits you, and that studio may change as you change as a dancer; that’s okay. If you’re ever curious about these studios and their classes, then I highly encourage you to take a drop-in class or two. It is truly incredible how much you will notice just by taking a single class, and quite frankly, it’s really simple to tell whether or not the studio fits you and your needs. You know yourself the best, so the studio you choose to attend is purely your decision. My only advice is to pick a studio with great people (it makes a huge difference just trust me), an incredible instructor (there are many out there), and somewhere that’s both encouraging and fun, but challenging.

***Based upon drop-in adult beginner/intermediate classes***



No comments:

Post a Comment